Macy’s 2009 Glamorama is right around the corner! And for the first time Glamorama will benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas. So it’s fashion plus music for a fantastic cause! So in preparation for the BIG event here are Ten Fab Glamorama facts!
1. It takes 40 model dressers, six wardrobe stylists, two alterations specialists, three model senders, 13 hair stylists and 13 makeup artists to get the models ready for Glamorama
2. About 140 pairs of shoes go down the runway.
3. Every year, more than 2,000 people attend the Glamorama post-party
4. More than 400 pounds of candy were distributed to guests at the post-party last year!
5. The post-party uses approximately 7,000 lbs. of ice
6. Past celebrity attendees include: Ellen Degeneres, Brooke Shields, David Schwimmer, Lauren Holly, Pamela Anderson, Ryan Seacrest and Queen Latifa.
7. Past performers include: Cyndi Lauper, MC Hammer, Big & Rich, Gretchen Wilson, Beyoncé, B-52’s, the Pussycat Dolls and Wayne Newton .
8. Money raised from this year’s event will help build the world’s largest Ronald McDonald House – a 100,000-square-foot House with 14 floors and 86 guest rooms
9.One $50 Macy’s Glamorama ticket pays for a family to stay one night at a Ronald McDonald House
10. Glamorama ROCKS!
Macy’s 2009 Glamaorama takes place Friday, August 21st, at the Chicago Theatre. Headlined by Grammy award-winning singer and songwriter Ne-Yo and jazz trio The New Standards. To purchase tickets