Jennifer and Brooke, NBC5 Street Team
Woooo! After squeezing in a last minute summer vacation, situating Brooke back into the school routine and getting her signed up for fall activities, I’m finally getting a chance to catch a breath. This year, however, I had to cut down on some of Brooke’s extracurricular activities now that daily homework has been added into her equation. But for those of you out there looking for some interesting options, I have a few suggestions that may help.
- For your aspiring little gymnasts and rock climbers, check out Lakeshore Academy in River West.
- Chicago Multicultural Dance Center offers a variety of dance styles including ballet that either you or your little one will enjoy. It’s located in the South Loop.
- For the musically inclined, the South Loops’ Sherwood Conservatory of Music has a smorgasbord of vocal and instrumental classes for all ages.
- With eight Chicagoland locations, Language Stars is great for an introduction to, or reinforcement of a foreign language.
- The Entertainment Project in Wicker Park will help your little thespians and artists fine tune their creative niches.
I know there are countless more programs all over Chicagoland that are excellent options for kids. Feel free to Comment back and share your favorites!