I get a lot of stuff in my email everyday from PR types, pushing their various restaurants, nightclubs and other businesses around town, but this particular one caught my eye.
The James hotel (55 E. Ontario, 312-337-1000) wants to help you “seal the deal forever with that special someone.” The James PROPOSE package offers the opportunity to propose to your loved one between February 9 – 19 and receive the following services:
- One night’s stay in The James Penthouse Loft
- Van Cleef & Arpels Engagement Ring
- Private dinner for two including your own personal Primehouse Chef, romantic private dining room experience and Chicago Symphony Orchestra four string quartet
- Spa Experience for two from THE SPA.
- One year anniversary gift from The James
All this can be had for — are you ready for this? — $50,000!
Now, I’m sure there’s some of you out there — those with fatter wallets than mine –who probably didn’t blink at that price. And yes, I understand that the engagement ring probably takes up a good chunk of that price. But $50,000 on one night? She’d better say yes!
Here’s my question to you, blog readers. Does that look like a deal? And how much SHOULD you spend on an engagement ring?